Updated: 6th September 2016
At Pet City we believe that safe, secure and respectful practices regarding the use of consumer information are fundamental to our online success and to the growth and vitality of the Internet as a whole.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to other websites that are not operated by Pet City.
No adult, gambling, hate, illegal, hacker or generally immoral related images, posts, ads or content in any format should ever be displayed in any part of the Pet City website. If an advertiser or member/user of the Pet City website breaches this policy we agree to cease that account.
Please do contact us if you see any objectionable content, ads or links that breach this policy.
Information Collected by Advertiser and Affiliates
Pet City may deliver advertisements on some pages from Third Party advertisers or affiliates which we have partnered with. When you click on any third party ad or affiliate link and visit one of the advertisers websites in our network the affiliates and advertisers may collect “click stream data” related to your visit usually in the form of a cookie which is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer and collects some non-personal information and helps the advertiser recognize where the visitor came from. Click stream data is anonymous and can include information such as your IP address, Web pages viewed, the date
and time at which those pages were viewed and interaction with content and advertisements on those Web pages. These anonymous cookies are programmed to expire in varying periods of time such as six months or 1 year.
Cookies can be controlled, denied and deleted easily from within the settings of your internet browser which can also be set to clean all cookies when the browser is closed so full control and management of cookies is always within the users full control any computer.
These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. At no time is anything out of the full control and power of the user to control or deny any of these practices if they wish to do so however they are intended only to enhance the users browsing experience. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
Click here to visit the NAI universal user opt-out.
Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information – Collected Through Our Website
Any subscriber based services run by Pet City will always include an Opt-Out Option on the bottom of every message, for quick and seamless removal of your details simply click that enclosed link. No spam or unsolicited email shall ever be sent by Pet City to any third party for any reason.
We do reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information you have disclosed to us in response to judicial process or court order or to provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation of matters related to public safety, as required by law.
International Transfers of Data
Personally identifiable information collected by Pet City on its own behalf or on behalf of advertisers or affiliates may be stored and processed in Australia, the United States or any other country in which Pet City or its advertisers, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or customers maintain facilities. You acknowledge and agree that personally identifiable information you provide to us may be transferred outside of the country in which you reside. Providing such information will constitute your consent to any such transfer.
Pet City follows generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to, destruction or disclosure of data. This includes undertaking necessary physical, electronic and management activities required to protect data integrity, access and use. Any data that is stored on our servers is treated as confidential and is not made generally available to the public. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are located in secure data facilities to further increase security. Please keep in mind however, that despite these reasonable efforts to protect data on our servers no method of transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal data at all times, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and shall not be liable for any breach of security by an outside party.
Transfer of Data upon Change of Control
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets of our website and/or business through a consolidation, merger and asset purchase or other transaction, we reserve the right to transfer all data (including any personally identifiable data) that is in our possession or under our control to such acquiring party.
1. All material, content and advice provided by Pet City is made available on the understanding that Pet City is not engaged in providing veterinary services or any financial advice. Due diligence and adequate research is always required when making the best purchasing decisions regarding your pets.
2. Information on this website is maintained by individuals, people and organizations it relates to. Before relying on the material, users should independently verify its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes, and should obtain any appropriate professional advice.
3. The material may include views or recommendations of individuals, staff members and third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of Pet City, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
4. Links to other websites/products are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organization, product or service.
5. The listing of a person or company in any part of this product in no way implies any form of endorsement by Pet City of the products or services provided by that person or company.
6. To the extent permitted by law, Pet City and its respective affiliates, associates, owners, directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents disclaim all responsibility to you for any loss, liability, claim, expense (including but not limited to legal costs and defense or settlement costs) or damage whatsoever, whether consequential, special, incidental or indirect (including but not limited to loss of profits, trading losses and damages that result from delay, loss or inconvenience) arising out of or in connection with the Content on the product and/or any omissions from the content whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise and even if Pet City has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
7. Liability of Pet City and its respective owners, affiliates, advertisers, associates, directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible by Pet City the option to:
(a) Supply of the goods purchased (or equivalent goods) or services again; or
(b) Under certain circumstances the refund of payments made for goods or services. Please refer to our refund policy.
Pet City WA
1126 Albany Hwy
Bentley WA 6102
Alternatively contact us by email using the email form on our Contact page.