Guppies are one of the most popular aquarium fish species. This is due to their hardy nature, colorful appearance and because they are so easy to breed. Male Guppies are smaller than Female Guppies but with larger flowing caudal or tail fins than the females. They do very well on flake food alone although supplementing their diet with blood worms can be done to try and bring out their colours even more. Guppies are excellent fish for a beginner, young children and for most community aquarium setups.
Things you might need
- Fish Tank/Bowl
- Food – flakes, pellets and live or frozen food
- Pet City Water Conditioner
- Pet City Purer Water
- PH Test Kit
- Neutraliser Blocks
- Gravel Cleaner
- Aqua Salt
- Fish Net
Types of Guppies
- Color – This includes body color as well as fin color, since both might be different.
- Pattern – This includes body pattern as well as tail pattern since both can vary.
- Fin type – There are many distinct fin types which you can view in the chart below.