Pet City store staff can help you choose everything you need for your new pet such as terrariums, food and water bowls, heating and lighting, caves and ornaments, treatments and sprays.

Reptile Frequently Asked Questions and Advice

Can I keep reptiles and/or frogs?

Yes. Legislation allowing private citizens to keep reptiles/frogs was introduced on March 7, 2003.

Do I need a licence?

Yes. Western Australia has no exempt species, so you must have a licence to keep pet reptiles in WA.

What species can I keep?

You’re limited to a few Western Australian species. The species you can keep will depend on the type of licence you get. See Reptile Licence Categories – Including Species for more information.

Do I need to keep records?

Yes. You must maintain, in an approved form, records of your activities. You must also give to the Executive Director (if requested), in an approved form, reports of your activities.

Our Trusted Suppliers